Baby Yoga is a set of inclusive practices to enhance playful interaction and communication between parent and baby. Comprising massage, holds, stretching, playing of games and relaxation, it promotes the healthy development of your baby.
Baby yoga helps to attune to your baby’s needs and to calm or stimulate them as appropriate with a sense of security and wellbeing. It is beneficial for all babies, you don’t need to practice yoga or even know anything about yoga to get started with your baby.
Our trainers are accredited through the Birthlight trust.
Benefits of Baby Yoga
Some of the many benefits of baby yoga are:
- Physical activity equivalent to being handled for a few hours
- A foundation for active childhood development
- Baby Yoga promotes more and better sleep
- Regular movement promotes a more ‘settled’ behavior with less extreme ups and downs
Physiological / developmental benefits
- Whole body stimulation, including the digestive and nervous systems
- Keeps babies contented between feeds and helps alleviate wind and colic
- Reduces frustration associated with the transition between one developmental stage to the next.
- Tactile stimulation has been shown to contribute to the development of the brain and the nervous system.
- Active communication helps parent and baby to bond and get to know each other
- New challenges introduced at a pace that babies can absorb and integrate increase their ability to cope positively with new situations
- Active interaction with parents is the foundation for future positive social relations over the early years and beyond
- Joint relaxation is mutually beneficial for parents and babies and enhances non-verbal communication between them. Early birth trauma can be resolved and healed through this loving interaction.
Baby and Me Do Yoga
Here at Baby and Me Do we have three ways for you to learn the techniques of baby yoga through our training programme accredited through the Birthlight Trust.
- Join us for one of our regular courses to learn about baby yoga in the relaxed company of our trainer and other parents.
- Book us for a 1-2-1 session created bespoke to your needs in the comfort of your own home
- If you have a small group of friends you can book us to run a course in your own home.
Our Course in Baby Yoga
Following a five week programme lasting at least one hour per week, you will learn new moves for both baby and parent each week. By week five you will be confident in introducing baby yoga into your daily routine. Introducing even 5 minutes of yoga into your daily routine can provide baby with the stretching and physical movement needed for healthy physical development. We will also ensure that there are informal discussions and time to socialise with other parents.
We offer a welcoming, warm, friendly environment to help you and your baby enjoy the experience. All our sessions are Baby Led therefore their needs are met first, whether they require nappy change, feeding or just taking a break.
Courses are priced at £39.50
- Betty Chappelle Dance Centre – Starting 22nd April 1:00pm
Booking is essential for all our Baby Yoga Courses
Our 121 programmes
Should you prefer the comfort and privacy of your own home, we can come to you and deliver a personalised 121 learning programme by the end of which you will be comfortable with introducing yoga into your baby’s daily routine.
Your 121 programme is normally comprised of two x 1.5 hour sessions or three x 1 hour sessions and is adjusted to suit you.
Our bespoke 121 programmes are priced at £79.
To arrange your 1-2-1 session send us details of the dates that you would be interested in.
Our Small Group sessions
Unable to attend one of our courses but would still like to learn how to introduce yoga into your child’s routine? We can arrange a programme for you and two of your friends in the comfort of a venue of your choice. This option covers all the material of our main programme reworked to support the small group format.
The small group programme will run for four x 1 hour sessions at a venue of your choice.
You can book a small group session for you and two of your friends for only £99.
To book a small group session, please get in touch with details of who will be attending and the dates you’re interested in.