Baby massage is when a parent or carer lovingly strokes or holds their baby. Massage is a special time for a parent/carer to communicate both verbally and non-verbally with their baby, this enables them to feel valued, respected and loved. The IAIM baby massage course draws from both the Indian and Swedish massage traditions, as well as incorporating principles from yoga and reflexology.
Benefits of Baby Massage
Some of the benefits of attending Baby Massage are
- Touch, babies have a strong sense of touch
- Language development
- Circulatory system
- Digestive system
- Nervous system
- Respiratory system
- Immune system
Relaxation for both parent/carer and babies
- Encourages parent to be relaxed with baby
- Improves Sleep patterns
- Reduction of stress levels (such as Oxytocin and Serotonin)
- Encourages sleep after attending classes
- Enjoying positive ‘Time Out’
Relief, this can help with the following
- Teething discomfort
- Physical and Psychological Tension
- Excess Mucus
- Time to massage babies skin who have skin problems e.g Eczema
- Secure attachment
- Verbal/non verbal communication
- Pre language communication skills
- Nurturing Touch
- Use of all the senses
Some of the benefits for Parent/Carer are
- Understanding baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Shared enjoyment with baby
- One-to-one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
- Boost confidence in touching and handling babies
- Uninterrupted time
- Social aspect of attending groups
Baby and Me Do Baby Massage
Here at Baby and Me Do we have three ways for you to learn the joy of baby massage through our training programme accredited through the International Association of Infant Massage.
- Join us for one of our regular courses to learn about baby massage in the relaxed company of our trainer and other parents.
- Book us for a 1-2-1 session created bespoke to your needs in the comfort of your own home
- If you have a small group of friends you can book us to run a course in your own home.
Our Courses in Baby Massage
Following a five week programme lasting at least one hour per week, you will learn how to massage a different part of your baby each week, following a sequence that has been developed over many years. By week five you will be able to perform a full body massage. Each week we will recap on the previous weeks before adding a new area of massage. You will also learn a Colic routine which can relieve Colic. We will also ensure that there are informal discussions and time to socialise with other parents.
We offer a welcoming, warm, friendly environment to help you and your baby enjoy the experience. All our sessions are Baby Led therefore their needs are met first, whether they require nappy change, feeding or just taking a break.
Our Baby Massage courses are charged at £39.50
- Betty Chappelle Dance Centre – Starting 22nd April at 11:30am
Booking is essential for all Baby Massage Courses
Our 121 programmes
Should you prefer the comfort and privacy of your own home, we can come to you and deliver a personalised 121 learning programme by the end of which you will be comfortable with introducing massage into your baby’s daily routine.
Your 121 programme is normally comprised of two x 1.5 hour sessions or three x 1 hour sessions and is adjusted to suit you.
Our bespoke 121 programmes are priced at £79.
To arrange your 1-2-1 session send us details of the dates that you would be interested in.
Our Small Group sessions
Unable to attend one of our courses but would still like to benefit from baby massage? We can arrange a programme for you and two of your friends in the comfort of a venue of your choice. This option covers all the material of our main programme reworked to support the small group format.
The small group programme will run for four x 1 hour sessions at a venue of your choice.
You can book a small group session for you and two of your friends for only £99.
To book a small group session, please get in touch with details of who will be attending and the dates you’re interested in.